Welcome to Holistic Veterinary Care!
Click Here to register a new patient online.
What to Expect
On your pet’s first visit, one of our associates will meet with you to discuss your concerns and assess the patient’s medical status. We will make a comprehensive recommendation for care, which may include holistic treatment and/or conventional veterinary care.
In many cases, holistic care alone can successfully treat your pet’s condition, promote healing and provide relief. If a combination of services is determined to be the most effective and desirable approach, we will either administer all treatment or work closely with your general practice veterinarian.
You can expect clear communication and a gentle approach. As pet owners ourselves, we understand the stress and emotion involved when a pet is sick or in pain. We do our best to make sure your concerns are heard and addressed at the deepest possible level.
What to Bring With You
Please bring any supplements and medications that your pet is taking, as well as a list of foods and treats they are eating.
To expedite your first visit and minimize your pet’s wait time in our office, please either complete the Online New Client Registration Form or download, print and complete our client registration form and bring it with you to your first appointment. If you are bringing your pet for a rehabilitation appointment, please also complete the Rehabilitation Functional Questionnaire form (online or pdf).
What to Do Next
Holistic care is most effective when the pet owner is an active participant in the healing process. The best way to contribute is to keep a close eye on the moods, behaviors and movements of your pet in the days and weeks following an appointment. Often pet owners find it helpful to keep a notepad or journal handy so they can jot down observations and rate symptoms and improvements. Holistic treatments gradually bring the animal’s body back into balance, so even subtle signs of changes – good or bad – can be meaningful to your holistic doctor.
1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) checks and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Holistic Veterinary Care understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we'll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance For Your Pets
Another popular option for your family and pet is insurance coverage. To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites:
Holistic Veterinary Care is aware of the vast amount of information available on the internet. Our team has taken the time and evaluated the following sites. We trust the information the listed websites provide to you, our client, and member of our family.
VCA Bay Area Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Hospital (VCA)
American Animal Hospital Association
American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
American Kennel Club
American Veterinary Medical Association
Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
California Veterinary Medical Association
American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association