Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Latest COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update:
May 24, 2020
In this Interview You Will Discover:
- How to best keep yourself and your pets safe during this uncertain time
- Medical treatments that should not be put on hold and vet visits that can be rescheduled
- What to do if you can’t get fresh food for your pets (alternatives and ideas)
- Social distancing… what is safe for you and your pets
- Can our beloved pets become infected and transmit COVID-19?
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update:
May 19, 2020
We are aware that the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has been on all of our minds. Please rest assured that at Holistic Veterinary Care, we put client health and safety first. In order to do so, we are increasing our already meticulous cleaning practices and staying up to date with the current Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization recommendations and updates.
As we do our part to contain the spread of Coronavirus, we want to remind you to call us (510-339-2600) to reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household has a fever or any signs of a cold or the flu. We will be as flexible as possible in rescheduling your appointment.
To reduce the spread of disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and discard tissue in trash.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Change your toothbrush if you haven’t been feeling well!
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we face this challenge together. As always, we are here for you and your pets!
At Holistic Veterinary Care, the health and safety of our clients, patients, and healthcare team are always our number one priority. In recent weeks, we have been closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation through updates from local, state, and national officials and concentrating on maintaining the highest preventative measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Veterinary Medical Association.
As our communities continue to feel the increased impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want to proactively inform you of the steps we are taking at our practice to help ensure safety for us all:
- We are monitoring our team members for signs and symptoms of illness as well as regularly taking temperatures of all persons on site.
- We are encouraging the recommended social distancing guidelines for maintaining 6-10 feet between people when possible.
- We are closely following all sanitation processes as recommended by health authorities.
As it currently stands, we will still be seeing scheduled appointments and processing prescription refills as supply allows. We ask that all pet parents bring their pets to the front door and wait for us to bring them inside. We will have all clients wait outside or in their vehicles while services are performed and will return your pet to you when finished.
As the situation evolves, we may implement additional measures, including staffing or service modification. We remain open for appointments as long as we safely can, and in the event of a closure, we will direct you to resources for emergency care if needed.
Thank you for putting your trust in us and for your patience as we navigate this ever-changing environment one day at a time. For further information, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization for the most up to date information on Coronavirus (COVID-19).